Friday 22 June 2007

Guy's comment

Thanks for your feedback Guy, I agree with you thoroughly on most points, I'll have a proper read through alter and get back to some of them more specifically I'm sure!

I'm glad I've had responses to this post, particularly from Geoffrey who gave me a better idea of the full scope of his professional background, something which I hadn't picked up elsewhere in the course. It's often difficult for students to get an idea of where tutors are coming from as we often get a somewhat condensed picture, and though we all would hope that staff would come with a full compliment of skills relevant to what we need to learn it's always reassuring when this is justified and reaffirmed. We had a series of lectures last year where it looked like this was going to start to happen but they seemed to tail off after a few speeches by practitioners including Geoff and others. I'd love to get a broader idea of what both our regular and visiting tutors do.

Feel free to make reference to any and all of my specific work, I welcome all constructive criticism!

Does anyone have any experience in converting double decker buses? I'm converting one into my office space and a breakout learning/discussion space at the school I'm running my Unit 10/Minor/Major projects at. Also went to visit container city to investigate that building method for desiging a unit for autistic children on the site - highly recommend a visit although I'm sure a lot of you will have already been or read about it.

No comments: